I made fossil shortbread for a movie night recently and they are super simple to make and tasty too. I don’t usually use refined sugar in cooking and baking but I feel its OK to have a little now and again.
Fun for a movie night or themed activities too.
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 100g butter (we used dairy free)
- 150g plain flour
you will also need
- baking tray
- baking parchment
- some small world dinosaurs
- Place sugar and butter into a bowl and beat well until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly mix in the flour. tip out onto a lightly floured surface and work together into a thick paste.
- Pop into the fridge for 2 hours
- Pre-heat oven to 160c/gas3 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Remove dough from fridge and break into small balls, then flatten with a spoon.
- Press a dinosaur into each biscuit and place onto the baking tray.
- Sprinkle will a little extra sugar (optional).
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Flourishing Little Mind